Children Uniting Nations is dedicated to reshaping the lives of at-risk and foster youth through positive mentoring and academic advocacy.
Children Uniting Nations is a registered non-profit organization that relies on donations from individuals, corporations, and foun- dations for its programs. We greatly appreciate donations of all amounts and ask you to consider the following:
- $100,000 sponsors a partnership with Children Uniting Nations and a new LAUSD school·
- $35,000 sustains one school partnership for one year
- $10,000 sponsors a Mental Health training program for teachers, foster families, and mentors at one LAUSD school
- $5,000 Sponsors the Summer Arts Program
- $2,500 sustains one mentor/mentee match for one year
- $1,000 enables one mentor/mentee match
- $500 a year of school supplies
- $250 pays for mentor training materials
- $100 sponsors one foster child to have a day of fun, food, rides, and entertainment with their mentor on Sunday, November 13, 2013 at the 13th Annual Day of the Child – Los Angeles
- $25 pays for one back-pack of school supplies for one child
Pioneered in Los Angeles in 1999 by our Founder and Chair, Daphna Ziman, our mission is to create loving, tolerant, and capable world citizens. We are dedicated to help children find their way to fulfill their dreams. Sadly, children are the main victims of adult difficulties-whether it’s financial or political problems, war, lack of education, malnutrition, or carelessness. We must break the cycle and help EVERY child find a way out of cruelty, neglect and anger and strengthen our leaders of the next generations. We have the ability to make the change now and create compassionate and loving children for the future.
All proceeds help sponsor a partnership with a new LAUSD school, training programs, school supplies, and events for the children. Our largest annual event, Day of the Child, matches a foster child with a mentor for a day filled with love and fun.
Founded to protect the children who have no voice, whose fragile lives are being abused and lost by the millions due to uncertainties out of their control, Children Uniting Nations is a proactive nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles that brings stability and supportive relationships into the lives of foster youth through a mentoring program that has become a model program for the rest of the country.
Children Uniting Nations is a registered non-profit organization that relies on donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations for its programs.